Driving two Dell 4K monitors with the EVGA GEForce GTX 960 SSC

This is a monster card with 4GB RAM and more than enough horsepower for a DEV box. It was showing artifacts and the card would just stop the output of video to the monitors.

I did contact EVGA who replied promptly to uninstall using a special utility all the display drivers and reinstall. That was the only way to get rid of the artifacts.

To make the card not blow on me, I install EVGA Precision and I noticed my card was running at a high temperature of 63 C by default.

I clicked the FAN CURVE button and changed the fan settings to aggressive. After that, the fan runs pretty fast and the GPU temperature is around 40 C. It seems to be stable now.

I think this will work fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Using Google Cloud Storage from C# and .NET

Late 2008 Macbook only giving 1.5 gb/s speed with 6 gb/s Intel SSD?

Enable Visual Studio to use more than 2GB of memory