Trying to update Azure deployment from the portal?

It really behaves weird. First it does not work, and gives weird error messages and the IE 10 + Azure new portal locks the package preventing visual studio from overwriting it.


Error 98 Unable to remove directory "bin\Debug\app.publish\". The directory is not empty.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets 4220 5 XYZ

Took me sometime to figure out it was the browser locking the file.

It kept telling me some setting is different in the upgrade vs what is already deployed.

Anyway, I kept trying again and again, and Visual Studio finally deleted the deployment and rebuilt it again.

I closed IE 10 and opened it again.

I figured out that when I deploy from VS 2012, profiling is turned on. So, I turned it off. Now, it does update whatever role I want to update without complaining.

You may need to do the same for example - updating all roles except the dedicated caching roles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Using Google Cloud Storage from C# and .NET

Late 2008 Macbook only giving 1.5 gb/s speed with 6 gb/s Intel SSD?

Enable Visual Studio to use more than 2GB of memory