Show boot screen in Windows 8

Had a problem where screen was blank on my PC. I wanted to install another OS.

This is an issue because Windows 8 boots so fast, it does not show the boot options.

I switched on and off several times... did not work.

Then, I removed the power plug and put it in again.

Now, when the machine started up, it did show the boot option.

I did not have to install another OS, then it started working fine.

Weird issue.

Update: Turns out that is not what fixes the problem. Basically no matter what you do, it won't show the boot screen. Until you put a bootable disk for another OS into the CD tray. Then looks like Windows 8 shows the boot screen because it thinks you want to install something else.

Nice workaround!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Using Google Cloud Storage from C# and .NET

Late 2008 Macbook only giving 1.5 gb/s speed with 6 gb/s Intel SSD?

Enable Visual Studio to use more than 2GB of memory