My Preamble

  • I am not interested in a job, where you want to hire the most intelligent person you can find, then expect this person to work like a robot exactly like the manager wants him to. 
  • I don’t care about positions myself but because everyone else does, I am only interested if the role is that of a senior manager, chief software architect, etc.
  • I am not a robot, and never will be. 
  • I will never work in North Korea, Saudi Arabia or any environment where these regimes are recreated.
  • Consulting companies are the scum of the earth. Hence, I will never work for a consulting company, period.
  • I will not keep quiet if someone accuses me of something I had no control over.
  • I am not interested in a job, where the previous person left because it was a pressure cooker environment. 
  • I am not interested in a job where the manager could never work with anyone they have hired before, so they are looking for a new person. 
  • I am not interested in a job, where the person who I will report to is not the person who is primarily interviewing me, because he can’t get along with anyone. 
  • If this is a company where the belief is that a successful engineer works late hours, then I am not interested.
  • I am not interested in a job where my manager has never worked as a developer himself.
  • I am not interested in a job where my manager has only read about SDLC, never been on an actual project where they used a proper SDLC.
  • I am not interested in a job where nobody documents anything.
  • I am not interested in a job where design documents are not used.
  • I am not interested in a job where people get laid off periodically, while the people actually causing the problems remain with the company.
  • I am not interested in a job where they do the monstrosity called peer programming.
  • I am not interested in a job where there is no QA department.
  • I am not interested in a job where they believe that if only the developer did not create bugs, everything would be ok.
  • I am not interested in a job where they believe that one should write code once, and it have no bugs.
  • I am not interested in a job which specifies that one be a master of C# and database and managing people and.....
  • I am not interested in a job where the guy hiring me is great, but the rest of the management are lousy people.
  • I am not interested in a job where management just keeps on saying things, but never does anything in action.
  • I am not interested in a job where random people from the management barge into meetings without context, shout something, go off, and keep doing this every few months.
  • I am not interested in a job where the company cheats the customers.
  • I am not interested in a job where my job profile includes lying to customers so my company can sell more of their software.
  • I am not interested in a job where my job profile includes having to swallow abuse on a daily basis.
  • If you want me to relocate, be prepared to pay me a hefty salary increase + full relocation.
  • I am not interested in a job where the guy interviewing me (technically) could not solve the problem, so they are hiring me to begin with.
  • I am not interested in a job where you don't know how to code to begin with, and believe that the only characteristic of a good programmer is that he knows data structures, design patterns and architecture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Using Google Cloud Storage from C# and .NET

Late 2008 Macbook only giving 1.5 gb/s speed with 6 gb/s Intel SSD?

Enable Visual Studio to use more than 2GB of memory