Essential settings for working over RDP

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/winserverTS/thread/460c8059-4be4-4147-b0b2-907d017cd0b4

If like me, you use remote desktop extensively, and have multiple monitors, etc - you need to read this.


I RDP from a RDP session, and now the quality of my RDP session is noticeably better than what was previous. Like the monitor is directly connected to the DVI on the remote server.

However, if you do crank up the settings, you will need a gigabit switch between the servers you RDP into. I have one between my server, laptop and desktop.


Substitute Remote Desktop Services under the Windows Components tab if you are using server 2008 r2

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Using Google Cloud Storage from C# and .NET

Late 2008 Macbook only giving 1.5 gb/s speed with 6 gb/s Intel SSD?

Enable Visual Studio to use more than 2GB of memory